Be prepared for the unexpected.
Now you can travel the length and breadth of Australia, secure in the knowledge that BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance will be with you every step of the way.
BMW contract the services of Mondial Assistance, Australia's premier road service organisation, to provide the most reliable roadside assistance programme available. They operate with the full support of BMW Australia and the BMW Motorcycle Dealer network to ensure that your motorcycle will be looked after by qualified BMW motorcycle technicians, in the event that a repair needs to be undertaken. No one is better prepared or better equipped to look after you and your BMW motorcycle than BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance.
With BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance, should you be over 100 kms from home and your BMW motorcycle cannot be repaired in an acceptable time, you will be entitled to complimentary vehicle hire and even accommodation for yourself and your passenger.
How to enrol.
Be prepared for the unexpected by:
- Filling in the attached membership application, printing it and returning it by mail with payment details completed or a cheque enclosed, or;
- Simply call 1800 647 397 (toll free), during business hours, with your credit card details and we'll register your membership over the phone, or;
- Visit your BMW Motorcycle Dealer.
Ride your BMW motorcycle with complete assurance. Ride with BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance.
The benefits of BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance:
- 24 hour roadside assistance, 365 days a year.
- Alternative transportation or accommodation (up to a maximum of 3 days).
- Vehicle rental (up to a maximum of 3 days).
- Onward travel, so your trip can continue without any further interruption.
- Legal and medical advice.
- Mechanical assistance.
- Non mechanical assistance, eg. Tyre change, flat battery, out of fuel and key loss.
- Vehicle recovery will be provided to deliver your motorcycle to a BMW Motorcycle Dealer, your home address, or intended destination if the vehicle cannot be repaired within an acceptable time.
- Any roadside assistance required as a result of either inappropriate use, incorrect repair or faulty workmanship on the motorcycle by an unauthorised BMW Motorcycle Dealer, or directly due to the fitment of non-genuine parts and/or accessories will be co-ordinated by BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance; however, all costs will be the owner's responsibility.
- In the event that your BMW motorcycle cannot be mobilised at the roadside, it will be transported to the nearest BMW Motorcycle Dealer.
- To be eligible for BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance, your BMW motorcycle must be well maintained and of sound mechanical and roadworthy condition. If you have any doubt of the condition of your motorcycle, please do not hesitate to contact your local BMW Motorcycle Dealer, who will arrange an inspection.
- Some services are excluded from the cover of BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance, and these are listed below:
- All costs related to parts, labour and other associated costs, for the repair of your BMW motorcycle, including replacement batteries and/or tyres.
- Any cost which would normally be payable by you, such as security deposit, petrol and toll charges, or accident excess in the event that the hire motorcycle (if provided under the policy) is involved in an accident.
- Recovery of disabled vehicles in areas that are not accessible to normal two-wheel drive vehicles will be co-ordinated, however all costs will be the owner's responsibility.
- In the interests of providing a quality service at a competitive price, BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance reserves the right to amend or withdraw service where utilisation is excessive due to the lack of regular and preventative maintenance or non-compliance in rectifying any recurring fault.
BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance will be provided in accordance with the benefits and conditions more fully described within the BMW Motorcycle Roadside Assistance Booklet, available at your BMW Motorcycle Dealer.